X-Rite ColorChecker Video
Color Balance for Filmmaking – from Shoot to Edit
The affordable ColorChecker Video target makes your workflow faster, more consistent and more balanced. It allows everyone on your team – from producer to cinematographer to editor to colorist – to work with consistent color information. It saves you time from pre-production through production and helps you get to your creative look faster.
Shoot for color balance. Shoot for consistency. Shoot for Neutral. Shoot for your creative look.
- Establish accurate white balance from the beginning of the shoot, making post-production color editing and grading faster and easier by eliminating the need to neutralize frames individually.
- Achieve consistent color even when ambient lighting changes, enabling ideal quality throughout the entire shoot. Improve color alignment when multiple cameras are used, taking into account their differences for seamless production.
- Make your editor and colorist more efficient; minimize editing time with a quick grab at the beginning and/or end of the shoot, making ColorChecker Video one of the best investments you can make to get to your creative look faster.
- Obtain a neutral starting point faster than ever before to gain ideal color balance and eliminate color casts.
- Take advantage of ColorChecker Video’s range of skin tone patches from dark to light and different undertones to allow you to see how flesh tones will reproduce in the final product.
The large format ColorChecker Video target is great for pre-camera checks and for wider shots, both in studio and on location. This two-sided target provides chromatic color chips, skin tone chips and gray reference chips on one side and a spectrally neutral white balance card on the other side. ColorChecker Video has multiple dark gray levels to further help with the assessment of shadow areas, as well as saturated and desaturated chromatic colors for even more color control. Include ColorChecker Video in every shoot to make your video workflow faster, more consistent, more balanced and repeatable. You’ll save time and money by avoiding costly mistakes and frustrating color corrections after the fact.